PANCREATIC CANCER RESEARCH WALK – Event Recap
Located at Magnuson Park; a 350-acre park on Sand Point, Lake Washington, in the Sand Point neighborhood of Seattle, Washington. The park is the second largest in Seattle! It is located on the spot of the former Naval Station Puget Sound. This park was perfect for a 5k! 2 laps around the course would complete the race.
It was great to see all of the vendors and a special surprise from Top Pot Donuts. They donated 20 box of white and purple sprinkled treats. The Foundation provided me with a stage and generator to keep me powered and keep the runners motivated to walk/run.
This event was tough for me having lost my mother to cancer last September. It was awesome seeing all of the survivors and hearing how the Seattle Cancer Care Alliance is dedicated to cutting edge research and treatments to find a cure.
Special Guest Speaker Dr. Pillarisetty, who is a Surgical oncologist who specializes in pancreatic cancer surgery. He has been at the University of Washington and Seattle Cancer Care Alliance (SCCA) for 10 years and serves as the medical Director of Continuous Performance Improvement at the SCCA. He has a research Laboratory where he studies the body’s immune response to Pancreatic Cancer and is developing new strategies to activate it against the cancer.
With the magic of Facebook, I was able to ask for online donations and my awesome Fans and family raised $175 for the Foundation, and the 2019 Seattle Walk raised over $30,000!
Thank you to everyone that donated
This playlist was curated to keep the runners motivated and in a great mood to keep the path towards the finish line.
- WALK THE MOON – Shut Up and Dance
- Gorillaz – Feel Good Inc
- Flo Rida – My House
- The Lumineers – Ho Hey
- Queen – You’re My Best Friend
- Sofi Tukker ft NERVO, The Knocks & Alisa Ueno – Best Friend
- Fatboy Slim – Praise You
- Daft Punk ft Pharrell Williams & Nile Rodgers – Get Lucky
- Martin Solveig – Hello feat. Dragonette
- Fall Out Boy – Centuries
- DNCE – Cake By The Ocean
- Sia ft Sean Paul – Cheap Thrills
- Destiny’s Child – Survivor
- Panic! At The Disco – High Hopes
- Kelly Clarkson – Stronger (What Doesn’t Kill You)
- Taylor Swift – Shake It Off
- Ed Sheeran – Shape Of You
- Calvin Harris ft. Ne-Yo – Let’s Go
- Junior Senior – Move Your Feet
- Omi – Cheerleader (Felix Jaehn Remix)
- Bob Marley and the Wailers – Sun Is Shining
- Katrina & The Waves – Walking On Sunshine
- Beyoncé – Run The World (Girls)
- Mark Ronson ft. Bruno Mars – Uptown Funk
- Kungs vs Cookin On 3 Burners – This Girl (Clean)
- La Roux – Bulletproof
- David Guetta ft. Sia – Titanium
- Iconapop – I Love It
- Daft Punk – One More Time (Club Mix)
- Khalid – Better
- Post Malone ft Quavo – Congratulations (Mr. Collipark Remix)
- Pharrell – Happy
- Pitbull ft. Ne-Yo – Time Of Our Lives
- Ke$ha – TiK ToK
- Daniel Bedingfield – Gotta Get Thru This
- Reel 2 Real – I Like To Move It
- Justin Timberlake – Can’t Stop This Feeling
If this playlist don’t make your body move,
Your body must me dead!
Special thanks to Lisa Crowley and Melissa Roeters for organizing such a fantastic fundraiser. I look forward to working with you again next year.